[OSM-talk] Nominatim (was ...MapQuest)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Oct 5 08:58:47 BST 2010

On 05/10/10 08:43, Ed Avis wrote:

> Perhaps I misunderstood what you wrote.  I thought you meant that Nominatim when
> searching for 'Surrey' will use the rough polygon for place=county rather than
> the boundary of Surrey administrative county.

Are you saying the database contains two polygons for Surrey? One
"rough" and one that is the correct boundary?

/me looks

Ah I see - what you mean is that it has derived a rough polygon based on
some sort of proximity to a node marked as place=county.

My answer to that would be to delete the node - now we have a polygon
the node is irrelevant.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)