[OSM-talk] spot imagery for osm tracing

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 13:28:45 BST 2010

On 5 October 2010 13:05, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I stumbled into a blog post regarding the french osm community was
> given permission to trace from Spot imagery.  Is this for France only
> coverage?
>
> blog post:
>
> http://www.geographiques.org/carnet/2010/10/05/spot-images-met-a-disposition-de-la-communaute-openstreetmap-les-donnees-spotmaps/
>
> google translate link:
>
> http://translate.google.com.ph/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=tl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geographiques.org%2Fcarnet%2F2010%2F10%2F05%2Fspot-images-met-a-disposition-de-la-communaute-openstreetmap-les-donnees-spotmaps%2F
>
> Hoping we can do this for the Philippines as well.

I am planning to officially translate the announcement today.
The data is only available for a period of 6 months for France only . There
is no plan as of now for other countries. Whether the deal is extended or
not will depend on how much the data is used and its impact on the resulting
map. Many people in France have starting using the data to enhance the
polygons that were imported during the Corine Land Cover import. The
precision of 2.5 m doesn't allow too much precision in drawing roads and
buildings.

Emilie Laffray