[OSM-talk] spot imagery for osm tracing

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 14:11:30 BST 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <avarab at gmail.com>wrote:

> but it seems
> that SPOT is an aggregate of differently licensed data. So what
> applies to France doesn't for the rest of the world.
>
> But maybe someone else can correct me on that, I'm not sure.

SPOT is an imagery provider, so they can apply the licence they want on
their production. They decided to create a special one for this experimental
phase of  6 months. The special licence for OSM (in english) is here:
http://www.youmapps.org/licenses/EULA-OSM-en.html

SPOTmaps, the product (in french):
http://www.spotimage.com/web/2214-spotmaps-tableau.php

As Emilie said, it's 2.5m resolution + 15m accuracy for France,
orthorecitified. It is normally sold 2€ per km2 but is free for France and
only for OpenStreetMap for the next 6 months, renewable. After this period
and depending on its success, geographic extensions will be evaluated by
SPOT.

Pieren