[OSM-talk] Introducing Taginfo

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Wed Oct 6 01:19:49 BST 2010

Jochen Topf wrote:
> For the last months I have been working on a software called Taginfo that
> brings together information about OSM tags from the OSM database, the wiki
> and other places. Somewhat like Tagwatch, Tagstat, and OSMdoc, but more
> ambitious. :-)

Very nice site, and some interesting unique features. I really like
these maps, for example!

> Bug reports and feature ideas welcome.

Do you have a bug tracker for these?

Anyway, I'd love to see some more attention to values - currently it's
almost a "Keyinfo" tool. ;-) For example, it would be nice to
* search for tags (using key=value syntax)
* search for values, so all tags with the value will be listed
* get a map and "other keys" section for tags, too, not only keys.

I don't know whether these features are feasible performance-wise, but
things like the map wouldn't even be needed for all values/tags. Those
that have an individual wiki page would be enough for a start - it would
make sense for things like amenity=restaurant or natural=tree, not so
much for each name=* value, imo.

Oh, and an OpenSearch definition would be a useful addition to the site.
Taginfo would definitely deserve that place right there in my browser's
toolbar.

Tobias Knerr