[OSM-talk] Introducing Taginfo

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Fri Oct 8 17:10:39 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 11:10:11AM +0200, Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
> Richard Weait wrote:
>>> I love it. Do you plan to introduce substring searches with wildcards ? That
>>> would be useful for sifting through key values - for example I wanted to
>>> find all the "source" tags with values containing the substring "GPS".
>>
>> This already works.
>>
>> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/keys/source
>> - click magnifying glass icon at lower left of result window.
>> - add "gps" and press return
>
> Wonderful - thanks for the tip.
>
> Now a total count for the result returned would be nice.

You get the total count in the bottom info field "Displaying 1 to 15 of 84 items".
Or do you want the sum of the contents of the "Count" column?

>> Feature request.  Could the value search string be included in a link?
>>  Something like
>> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/keys/source?gps
>> for the above?

Difficult because of the different tabs. Different search string mean different
things for different tabs. I'll keep it in mind.

The whole search and filtering thing needs a re-think anyway.

> That would make sharing easier. But maybe the REST API could be used
> instead.

The REST API can do that obviously, because it is used to generate the contents
of the tables. :-)

Jochen