[OSM-talk] How does one get the default cyclemap rendering amended?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 13:58:26 BST 2010

If I look at the default map displayed on the web site then select base
layer cycle map I get nice blue lines on roads with cycle lanes, and cycle
paths which is perfect.

However in Ontario we have paved shoulders which are tagged
"shoulder:access:bicycle=yes", together with "shoulder:surface=paved" as per
the wiki.  It would be nice if these could be rendered on the default cycle
map in some way perhaps a dotted blue line?

I'm not certain if roads that are signed "bicycle=designated" are rendered
in a special way or not.  I have a couple locally but sometimes it takes a
bit of time before the rendered tiles reflect the map.

Thoughts please.

Many thanks

Cheerio John