[OSM-talk] Ongoing bulk uploads of GPS traces?

Sam Wilson sam at archives.org.au
Wed Oct 13 09:53:59 BST 2010

  On 13/10/10 4:39 PM, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> Would you consider uploading the traces to an independent point,
> specifying the licence of the traces and giving permission for them to
> be traced into OSM / other maps (you specify what) and perhaps this
> could then be downloaded as a separate layer into editors?

Yes, I could do that, absolutely.  Do you think this is a better
option?  It would make the traces less apparent to lots of people (i.e.
they wouldn't be included when someone clicks the "Also get GPS traces"
checkbox in Merkaartor for example), but I guess I could advertise their
existence to Australian mappers etc.