[OSM-talk] planet.openstreetmap.org down / replication broken?

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Thu Oct 14 13:14:28 BST 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 01:10:30PM +0100, Grant Slater wrote:
> On 14 October 2010 13:06, Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:
> >
> > it seems the replication broke as planet.openstreetmap.org is unreachable.
> >
> > flo at bs6:~$ ping -c3 planet.openstreetmap.org
> > PING planet.openstreetmap.org (128.40.168.99) 56(84) bytes of data.
>
> Yes we are having problems with the machine today.

Okay ... I just got mail that my OSM mirror dbs were far behind so i checked.

> Also note ICMP ping is blocked via our host.

Huh ? Why ? Isnt a simple reachability check better be done with icmp echo request?

I mean icmp amplification attacks are not really an issue today with reverse path
filtering ...

Flo
                 Professionell gesehen bin ich zu haben ....