[OSM-talk] Response to A critique of OpenStreetMap

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Oct 15 09:52:47 BST 2010

Hi,

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen wrote:
> The OSM community lacks an inspiring vision towards the future
> of OSM.  Instead of focusing on GEO-data and MAP usability,
> the last 2 years to many of the key players of OSM have been focusing on
> only one topic : the license change.

The license change is directly related to our focusing on "GEO-data",
whereas "MAP usability" is what our users should be concerned about, not
us.

I think it is about the fourth time this has been stated in this thread.
I mean, there's nothing wrong with having nice map but this is certainly
not at the core of the project, and certainly nothing we should aim to
have an "inspiring vision" for. We're providing the underlying data for
others to bring their inspiring visions to life.

Bye
Frederik