[OSM-talk] Ongoing bulk uploads of GPS traces?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 02:51:27 BST 2010

> But really: is this worthwhile?  Will my company benefit?  Will OSM benefit?

Hi Sam, it definitely sounds worthwhile to me, and your company and
OSM will benefit. One thing you didn't mention: how many gpx tracks do
you have so far? Or is this just for going forward?

If you can increase the frequency of trackpoints, do so, but for that
kind of road, I suspect even 30s  frequency will be pretty useful. A
point every 1km for those kind of highways is definitely of value.

I'd also double check that there aren't privacy concerns - gpx traces
contain time information - is your company happy releasing that? Would
it compromise them? Do the drivers get a say?

When it's all up, post on the talk-au list. I'd be happy to spend some
time tracing out the gpx'es.

Steve