[OSM-talk] Code of Conduct: civil discussion, lists etc.

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 09:54:24 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com> wrote:
> In the long run they tend to do more harm than good.

Hi, can you give an example of this? I'm at a loss to understand how
asking people to follow simple rules like "be collaborative" and "be
considerate" could end up being harmful?

I'm very much in favour of adopting such a policy. At the very least,
we can then stop debating whether or not we need such policies, and
whether or not people's behaviour is harmful - we can simply discuss
whether they are in line with the policy or not.

Steve