[OSM-talk] Code of Conduct: civil discussion, lists etc.

Al Haraka alharaka at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 10:21:34 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:13 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 October 2010 19:08, Al Haraka <alharaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> initiatives mentioned before.  However, I think we should keep it
>> plain and simple and remove some caustic behavior that seems to be
>> returning to the list after a hiatus.  Collaboration and consideration
>
> Most of the caustic behaviour I've seen lately is from SteveC...

I did not single out anyone on purpose, because this is not going to
be productive OR solve the current issue.  Whether it is SteveC or any
other OSM user, setting transparent guidelines regarding behavior we
do not tolerate will go a long way.  I respect SteveC, and he has
given up increasing control OSM from its inception to now for the
benefit of the community.  I think if he were instructed by the
community, I hope he would behave like any other user: respect the
rules and accept a ban if deserved.

To make it clear, this is not an invitation for comments on how SteveC
would theoretically behave.  Personally, I do not want to discuss it.
If you do John, feel free to start such a discussion with a new
thread.  But like other topics, I think this is an important issue
that will be quickly derailed if we start singling people out instead
of discussing the relevant details of implementation.  Please excuse
me if this sounds blunt.