[OSM-talk] Response to A critique of OpenStreetMap

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 11:31:40 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de> wrote:
> Am 15.10.2010 12:11, schrieb Valent Turkovic:
>>
>> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:41:30 -0400, Anthony wrote:
>>
>>> Once OSM goes ODbL, I'd expect that Mapquest will stop licensing their
>>> tiles under a free license.
>>
>> They distribute it now for free? Why?
>
> They are forced to by the CC-BY-SA License.
>
> Peter

Sorry for this lame question, but on mapquest.com site I only see (c)
by NAVTEQ, no mention of OSM, why?!?
Do they use OSM data?
I see some more detailed data in some parts than on OSM has so I guess
they have licenced it from somewhere else, or they combine NAVTEQ and
OSM data?

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
blog: http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com