[OSM-talk] Code of Conduct: civil discussion, lists etc.

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 16:25:48 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 4:02 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 October 2010 00:58, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>> I wish i had a pony.
>
> This is why things end up in a endless debate, people pose serious
> questions and you either can't be bothered, or won't respond properly
> so the debate can move forward.

I, and probably a lot of others, would rather a whole lot of people
stopped posting to these lists.

If someone posts a question or discussion point to the list we don't
want to see a dozen trolls and a flame war attached. It happens.
Without fail. Every single post. The people trolling, you know who you
are. The people getting personal, you know who you are. Please, please
stop it while there are still one or two people worth talking to left
subscribed to the list. Oh, and ending this pointless little back and
forth would be a good start.

So +1 to Code of Conduct, although I think it's too late because too
many people have already made the easiest filter configuration
possible and unsubscribed.

Dave