[OSM-talk] Garmin maps for India? Contours?

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 23:50:40 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:17 AM, Charlie Ferrero <charlie at cferrero.net>wrote:

> Contours are a pain. If you've really left this to the last minute then
> you're not going to want to get up the learning curve for creating your own
> for Garmin devices.

I have a little script which can do it from download to mkgmap. requires a
bunch of utilities installed like gdal, proj4, shp2osm, perl ...
once this is done it is only a question of compute time.
for northern india srtm is probably bad quality and viewfinderpanorama will
be much better with all the voids filled in.

don't have access to my machine currently so can't help for a short term map
creation. eventually can get to access the scripts later today