[OSM-talk] MapQuest welcomes Thea Clay and Nominatim, Potlatch2, TIGER Edited Map Viewer go up on Developer Network

Antony Pegg antthelimey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:33:14 BST 2010

So, after my ramblings on Tuesday, I'll try to keep this one shorter

I am very happy to welcome Thea Clay to the MapQuest Open team.  She is a
tremendous asset to the group, and has already dived in head first, as we
work to move things forward. I have been completely remiss in not having
said something before now.

For the tools etc, full details of launch are here:
http://devblog.mapquest.com/2010/10/21/nominatim-potlach2-and-tiger-edited-map-on-developer-network/

over at http://open.mapquestapi.com we have added:
 - Instance of the Nominatim service
 - Instance of Potlach 2
 - Restored TIGER Edited Map Viewer

over at http://developer.mapquest.com we have added:
- Potlach 2 primer (also on the OSM wiki already, I believe, thanks Andy!)
- 1st draft of "MQ Guide to OSM" - the audience for this is non-OSM people
who find the OSM stuff on our sites, to help explain. It (and all the OSM
docs) is CC-by-SA, please take it, and use it if its helpful.  If someone
can suggest a good place for it on the OSM wiki, we can put it out there
too, and any feedback, as always, appreciated

Cheers,
Ant