[OSM-talk] MapQuest welcomes Thea Clay and Nominatim, Potlatch2, TIGER Edited Map Viewer go up on Developer Network

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 23:22:31 BST 2010

Wow! This is great stuff!

I do have some questions about the TIGER edited map. For example, go here:
http://open.mapquestapi.com/tigerviewer/index.html?zoom=9&lat=39.10819&lon=-97.54698&layers=B

Now zoom in one level. Most of the roads change from green to red.
Unfortunately I am inclined to believe the "more red" version since
there aren't many mappers in this area, except around Manhattan
(towards the east) where I am and most of the roads do indeed reflect
that I have touched them.

>From reading the wiki about the original TIGER edited map it would
seem that only ways that are in version 1 are rendered as red. Is This
still the case? It looks like there may be some additional logic...
User balrog-kun did some nationwide edits in April to expand street
names and remove the tiger:upload_uuid tags from tiger data. It looks
like these ways are still being rendered as untouched even though the
tags did change. But this is a good thing :)

Toby