[OSM-talk] [Tagging] Amenity key

Sean Horgan seanhorgan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 17:44:55 BST 2010

A short definition is great but I think the wiki page could use a little
more explanation *after* the definition, e.g. some examples, references to
supporting  sources like wikipedia.  I also think that it is worth
mentioning and linking to pertinent mail archive threads on the use of the
tag as it help gives some context.

As a new tagger I was confused about its use and I'd like to take a stab at
improving the wiki.  I'm not talking about a wholesale change.

I like the wikipedia definition:

 *amenities* are any tangible or intangible benefits of a property,
especially those that increase its attractiveness or value or that
contribute to its comfort or convenience.

I'll post something definitive out in a few days.

--
Sean