[OSM-talk] SotM11 will be held in Denver.

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:40:56 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Julio Costa Zambelli <
julio.costa at openstreetmap.cl> wrote:

> contributors, core developers, authors, etc. are still in Germany, the
> UK and other countries of Western Europe,

As an outsider to the bidding and selection process, I think that hosting it
in the US will be good for OSM. If a company wants to announce a new
technology, they almost always do it in the US for various reasons e.g. the
story gets picked up by international TV channels, the vast numbers of
foreign born US residents spread the idea throughout the world etc. Also
consider the fact that the Cloudmade and MapQuest ambassador programs are /
were aimed at the US and as sponsors, their preferences should be taken into
consideration.