[OSM-talk] SotM11 will be held in Denver.

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Oct 25 08:59:55 BST 2010

For SOTM10, having it coincide with FOSS4G - also in Spain - was considered but rejected for, iirc, that very reason: the idea of SOTM sharing the stage with the bigger (at least in numbers) FOSS4G did not appeal. The advantages of having the conference stand on its own outweighed the disadvantage of missing out on the additional attendee potential.

I did not really fall for that argument back then and I am glad to see the conferences coincide this time. It will be a different conference from the European ones for that and other reasons. But that's not a bad thing. OpenStreetMap evolves and SOTM should evolve with it.

Martijn van Exel +++ m at rtijn.org
Laziness – Impatience – Hubris

http://schaaltreinen.nl
twitter: mvexel