[OSM-talk] Amenity key

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 12:21:24 BST 2010

2010/10/25 Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com>:
> On 25/10/2010 10:38, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:

>>> building=tourist_information
>>
>>  no, please not. the building key is (and should IMHO be) used for
>>  typology, you are trying to miss-use it to map a function.
>
> Please give an example to explain what you mean, because to me,
> building=tourist_information is a typology.

it is a function, not a building type. A building type would be tower,
semi detached house, condominium, flat, basilica, etc.
For a more extensive list have a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_building_types
(I didn't check this for errors)

> How about
>
> building=yes
> building:use=tourist_information

why attach information about the use under information about the
building? IMHO the two should be kept separate as we did in the past.

cheers,
Martin