[OSM-talk] Anyone read the CC0 legal code?

Niklas Cholmkvist towardsoss at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:32:30 GMT 2010

Hi

Read it and I've come to ask if anyone has read
http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode too. (it is a
waiver of copyright so don't be afraid to read it. It is very short, for
a legal text, that is)

After all.. if there is a checkbox called "public domain" in the OSM
registration page which is pretty 'abstract', it doesn't really mean
anything("public domain" is not a license, but a statement of purpose).
While the link I provide is a legal waiver = something practical and
useful. Do you have anything for or against this text, regarding using
it for Openstreetmap data?

Regards,
Niklas