[OSM-talk] OSMDoc is awesome!

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Fri Sep 3 12:23:02 BST 2010

Am 03.09.2010 11:09, schrieb Lars Francke:
>>> The database schema is pretty easy though so if anyone has data laying
>>> around this is what I would need
>>
>> I've put together a script that creates this schema [1]. I used php&  expat
>> for the xml parsing and pl/pgsql for the counting/update/insert part.
>
> Wow! That's awesome. Thank you for your work. I'll be back home next
> week and will give it a go then.
>
> About the changeset count: I did it the same way I did all others. The
> planet extract has a dump of all changesets in it (at the very
> beginning) and those have<tag>  elements as well so they shouldn't
> need any special treatment.

Ah, I see. The Planet-Extracts I worked with had the changesets stripped
out, so I haven't thought about that. I'll change the script to import
the changeset count, too.

Do you have the ability to run it on your server? If not I could maybe
run it on the wikimedia toolservers and post a bz2 compressed sql dump
with the results.

Peter