[OSM-talk] how to track a nokia E 71

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 06:23:39 BST 2010

On 8 September 2010 10:32, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> What I want to do is to be
> able to track the movement of the E71 on my map on the server - I know
> it is something to do with gpsd - any one can give me some pointers on
> how to do this or where to look for resources on this?

You want to track it live right ?

Use tangogps which takes input from a gpsd process and tracks :)
http://www.tangogps.org/gps/cat/About

I couldn't make it( tangogps on Debian sid) download tiles from a
separate rendering server or for that matter not even from osm or
google maps . It just tries and tries and gives up .

Anyways on your distribution and hardware it  mostly might be working .

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri