[OSM-talk] Church building rendering bug?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 00:57:45 BST 2010

2010/9/9 Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>:
> My understanding so far was that I need to draw areas and then just on
> top of them any buiding that is there.
> So you are saying that I need to draw an area, then cut out the hole
> for building and then add building there? Or I can just use building
> as relation?

the point was: draw an area where it is. If it has holes, put them. A
building in the park doesn't cut a hole in the park, because it is
usually considered to be a building in the park. A building on the
lawn (landcover=grass, even if this tag is not ufficial, it's just an
example) will need a hole cut, because the building is not grass. This
is independent of the rendering.

Imagine someone would want to calculate all grass area (and everything
would be mapped).

cheers,
Martin