[OSM-talk] End of road for JOSM on OS X for ppc

Arigead captain.deadly at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 00:21:46 BST 2010

Peteris Krisjanis wrote:
> 2010/9/16 Arigead <captain.deadly at gmail.com>:
>> Renaud MICHEL wrote:
>>> If you want the "official" java from Sun (which doesn't even exists
>>> anymore), no.
>>>
>>> But openjdk can be compiled on other architecture.
>>> Debian has it for alpha amd64 armel i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc sparc, see
>>> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/openjdk-6-jre
>>> so ubuntu should too
>>>
>> I tried that for something else but unfortunately the Java6 source was
>> trying to run features which were not implemented by the open source
>> JRE's. Still you're right that an open JRE might implement enough of the
>> spec to get JOSM off the ground.
>>

> Interesting, I run lastest JOSM with OpenJDK without any big fuss on
> Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> It should run on Mac OS X.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter.

Nice one. There's the solution then. Must admit when I was trying to run
Java6 source is was JXTA on an ARM in an embedded system. There were
just too many issues for me to even bother with it. OpenJDK might be
worth looking at in future but thankfully I'm no longer working on JXTA.
Huge lump of something.