[OSM-talk] MapQuest Continues to Open Up!

Hurricane hurricane at hurricanemcewen.com
Thu Sep 23 14:39:37 BST 2010

Howdy!

I wanted to let your radars pick up some interesting news from MapQuest:
As of early this morning (it's 6am in Denver ;)), MapQuest announced the beta launch of four new European mapping sites built on OpenStreetMap data!

I've got to say, it's super cool to see it's powered by Nominatim and features like draggable routes!
And-- you can send your maps to Facebook, your GPS and email.
Woohoo!

You can check out the sites at http://open.mapquest.fr  http://open.mapquest.de  http://open.mapquest.it and  http://open.mapquest.es

These sites are in addition to http://open.mapquest.co.uk which was launched earlier in the summer.

[A full press release (where I got this info) is here. And the dev blog gives more information on the above mentioned features!

Cheers,

Hurricane