[OSM-talk] Countries that have NOT had any imports?

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 01:07:25 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:
> with all the talk about imports recently, I am wondering which countries
> have actually _not_ seen any imports so far? I.e. which communities have
> chosen to build all their data from "traditional" surveying and ignored any
> other available data sources?

In Belgium the only imported data inside our borders is actually data
from the Netherlands (3dshapes) and France (Corine land cover) that
leaked a few kilometers over their borders. The rest of the country
didn't see any imports (except for one small municipality that gave
its street database).

This hasn't happened because we decided not to import anything though,
there's just nobody who went out to get data we could import (or those
who did try weren't successful yet).

Greetings
Ben