[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] In what direction should OSM go?

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 05:51:24 BST 2010

Anthony-6 wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> Unless it connects to other things that do need to be edited, anyway
> (boundaries which can't be obtained by surveying obviously don't
> connect to things which can be surveyed).

I've found one big exception to this: landuse (and neighborhoods, which are
generally sub-landuse polygons). But this assumes that you have accurate and
precise boundaries; the TIGER ones are very often neither. If you do take
the time (and have the luck) to determine and trace accurate boundaries,
they will usually line up with lot lines (at least in those places where
cities grow by piecemeal annexation).