[OSM-talk] Tag for true OSM data?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:15:00 BST 2011

2011/3/31 SomeoneElse <lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk>:

> Sometimes it's really useful to tell the difference between those options,
> though - I'd certainly appreciate source=whatever_seems_most_relevant even
> if someone's made the best use of all the (non-import) sources available.

I'd consider valuable to know whether the data was _only_ traced from
imagery without knowing the place or if there is additional knowledge
/ a survey, but most of the source tags read only tracing from
xy-imagery-provider and that doesn't tell you much because you already
see in the data if it fits some aerial imagery or not.

cheers,
Martin