[OSM-talk] Okay, this is just cool (Lockport, NY)

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 11:03:16 BST 2011

2011/4/3 Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net>

> While I'm not in the habit of collecting information from Google
> StreetView, it is fair to say that if I go to the public library and in the
> thousands of volumes there I find one with the assistance of the old
> card catalogue and the Dewey assignment of books, then no one is
> concerned about my use of the library database to find my book.

because they consent the use of the database to find books. Also Google
Streetview consents the use of their database, but they have ToS associated
with that use, and if you use their db, you agree to be subject to their
ToS.

The Google StreetView database isn't in Europe, it doesn't have any
> special conditions attached to its use,

it has. At least if there aren't for Streetview in particular, the ones of
Googlemaps in general do apply.

cheers,
Martin