[OSM-talk] We Need to Stop Google's Exploitation of Open Communities

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:18:41 BST 2011

This was *directly* proposed to Google for a specific country (details
have to remain private for now). It was even proposed to collect data
into a neutral database and 'publish' it into both MM and OSM ... they
said flat out they were "not interested". It occurs to me that they
simply want to own the data if they are going to participate in this
kind of thing. So, 'sharing' is a non-starter.

Jeff