[OSM-talk] Some tiles not rendering?

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:51:02 BST 2011

On 14 Apr 2011, at 14:44, Nakor wrote:

> On 4/14/2011 9:40 AM, Vladimir Vyskocil wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> You can see here : http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/yevaud.openstreetmap/index.html#renderd that the render queue is filed, and if I understand it well new render requests are rejected until the render queue decrease...
>>
>> Vlad.
>>
>> On 14 avr. 2011, at 15:16, Nakor wrote:
>>

> So why would some tiles render and some other not? If it is full all requests should be rejected right?

Suppose the queue has 998 tiles in it.  Two will get added, the next few will be rejected... Suppose now that the renderer finishes another meta-tile, dropping the queue down again, and allowing some more to be added to the end.  The result is seemingly random tiles will  get rendered and others won't.

> Also from the graph it looks like the queue when almost empty during the past 24 hours so why would the tile not be rendered in that case?

Really?  The queue has been full 18 hours a day or more for the past two weeks.

Bob