[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap License Change Phase 3 begins Sunday

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Fri Apr 15 09:13:37 BST 2011

There's also a fourth kind of "tainted" data.  Data that might be compatible
with CC-BY-SA, and might be compatible with ODbL, but is incompatible with
the CT's.

In which case the question becomes, if someone who has accepted the CT's,
is in breach of the CT's  because some data they have contributed in the
past is incompatible with the CT's, will all their data be removed and their
user account blocked?

Or is OSM happy to allow those people who are in breach of the CT's to
continue to contribute to the project, in which case why bother having the
CT's in the first place?

David