[OSM-talk] the 70%, was " License graph"

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Tue Apr 19 09:46:40 BST 2011

No, the CT's  are an agreement to contribute work, not to distribute it.

> That 70% *have* agreed to distribute their work under the new license.  It
> is entirely valid for the camp that wants to move to the ODbL sooner
> rather than later to count the 70% in their stats, because accepting the
> new license is all that matters, not some imaginary war between "yes" and
> "no".

It's not valid to count people who haven't voted in the "YES" statistics.
Its valid to say all the people who have never edited would automatically
have agreed to the CT's, any more than it is valid to say that all the
people who have never edited would not have agreed to the CT's.

Nor is it valid to simply switch these people over to the  new CT's without
incident.  OK, don't let these people edit without agreeing to the new CT's,
but to simply switch their accounts to the new CT's on the assumption they
would agree, and it doesn't affect ant data currently in the OSM database,
is not right.

David