[OSM-talk] List of alternative fuel stations for the US

Mike N niceman at att.net
Fri Apr 22 12:28:17 BST 2011

On 4/22/2011 4:50 AM, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> Might it be interesting to contact them for a cooperation, maybe setup a
> small "sync" for that dataset?

This is a prime candidate for the hypothetical "Separate OSM public
database" - data that rapidly changes, and does not meet OSM's normal
quality standards.   I see that the data is geo-located, but at least
one local station I looked at was placed several miles from the actual
position - created by a geo location algorithm that attached it to the
wrong street instead of being placed by direct observation.