[OSM-talk] New Logo in the Wiki

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 30 14:50:35 BST 2011

From: Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch>
> While I don't quite understand why the SWG has turned in to the WDWG (Web
>Design Working Group) (it does seem to be a bit outside it's charter ...), I
>believe Martin issue is with the
>
> rampant re-active instead of pro-active information policy that infects all
>parts of OSM. Not that I don't understand some of the reasons for this, but on
>the other hand it does, unnecessarily, create
>
> a fair amount of animosity

SWG has taken this on because the usability of the site is a the primary way
users, new and old, engage with OSM, there are definitely issues with it, and
we're trying to put together the right _approach_ to improve it. Many of the
issues and possible solutions are known, but OSM has been stuck on how to
implement for a long time. So we're trying to figure out the plan. That's
different from actually doing the design work.

Yet, in yesterday's meeting, we realized that actually doing anything would be a
good start. We simply said to the coders in the group ... implement one idea,
individually, for the site and make a pull request. The logo was the first.

Agreed, that a blog post on the logo would've been a simple and good move. I'll
ask for this now.

Cheers
-Mikel