[OSM-talk] Where Did You Edit

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Wed Aug 3 21:06:03 BST 2011

Hi,

I presented this already on the talk-de mailing list, it could be
interesting for others in the community as well.

I have created a website that lets you see where you edited.

According to the "intensity" of your edits a map is colored from dark
red to bright green.

For your convenience the site can be accessed using this direct URL:

http://wdye.osm-tools.org/

Based on the feedback from the community I extended the site by the
possibility to directly link to a specific username, e.g. Steve would
use this link:

http://wdye.osm-tools.org/?Steve
or
http://wdye.osm-tools.org/user/Steve

The site provides links to directly link to the images. As long as my
server can handle the load hot-linking is fine. If you expect the image
being requested quite often consider storing it on your own server.

Hope you like the idea, comments welcome.

Stephan