[OSM-talk] Automatic Map Plotting in OpenStreetMap

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Sun Aug 14 19:24:53 BST 2011

On 14.08.2011 15:54, Parveen Arora wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Stephan Knauss<osm at stephans-server.de>  wrote:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Oberaffe
> But I am sure this is not any Indian user or any Indian User. It also
> not looks me a user or he must be using some image processing to map
> the areas.

Have you tried sending a message to this user? It looks a lot like
armchair mapping using Bing.

What is leading you to the believe it must be some sort of software?
With a lot of streets having easy geometry it's no problem to map 4
street per minute using Bing.

A few months ago a whole city was online mapped in 50 hours:
http://gis-lab.info/images/saransk-evolution.gif

So possible without special image processing software.

Stephan