[OSM-talk] GPX files upload to OSM problem

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:14:05 BST 2011

Hi Hameed,

I've just downloaded one of your files and uploaded it without any trouble:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/IknowJoseph/traces/1082838

I then went to edit the area in Potlach:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=34.4116&lon=70.488&zoom=17

And clicked GPS Data -> My Tracks. I loaded the test gpx file and it showed
as a thin blue line on the map. It seems to be drawn below the existing OSM
data, however, so it's impossible to see at time.

It seems to be working as expected, for that single track at least.

Where you trying to display where you'd been on top of OSM base mapping? In
that case I'd suggest you look at Prune GPS:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/prune-gps/

Cheers, Joseph