[OSM-talk] Combined bicycle & footway

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sun Aug 21 12:02:20 BST 2011

Tomas Straupis wrote:
> I would like such combined ways to indicate that they are
> created for BOTH cyclists and walkers (especially then this
> would include segregated ones).

They do indicate that. That's what the blue dots mean.

A better suggestion would be "show a different rendering for those cycleways
where walking is not permitted". Though I honestly don't know whether there
are enough of these, worldwide, to merit further cluttering up the map
(after all, simplicity is a virtue). Perhaps one for a country-specific
rendering on a local site?

cheers
Richard