[OSM-talk] OSMF elections

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 26 06:07:23 BST 2011

Well, I cannot run for election because I am not a paying member. I have
spend a lot of time and money working on osm kosovo and I dont see why I
should sink more money into this. If my contributions do not warrant a
membership then I see this as not for me. We organized three conferences and
charged no entry fee, flossk.org charges no membership fees. I guess I see
things totally different than you do. If you want to sponsor me a membership
than I am willing to speak.
Otherwise, what I really want Is a server account to use some CPU for my
programs, I have enjoy being given some server resources on the osm servers.

mike

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Henk Hoff <toffehoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just so you all know:
> - You can expect an announcement for the AGM this weekend (or sooner)
> - If you are / have been OSMF member you will get a mail with details
> whether you're eligible to vote. Also this weekend.
> - If you haven't had a mail by Sunday evening, and you think you are member
> of OSMF, please send a mail to membership at osmfoundation dot org
>
> Cheers,
> Henk
>
>  acting Secretary OSMF
>

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Cartinus <cartinus at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> > It is also a good time for anybody wishing to be able to participate in
>> > the election to ensure that their membership is paid up.
>> >
>> > DO NOT ASSUME THAT THE OSMF WILL REMIND YOU TO PAY
>> >
>> > I speak from bitter experience having had my vote invalidated last year
>> > as it turned out my membership had expired and I had not been invited to
>> > pay for another year. I know I wasn't the only one who suffered from
>> > that problem last year, and it seems destined to be repeated this year
>> > as my membership lapsed again about three weeks ago without any reminder
>> > being issued.
>> >
>> > Tom
>>
>> I got got a reminder this week that it lapsed a year ago. You're just
>> asking
>> too speedy a service ;)
>>
>> --
>> m.v.g.,