[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Membership applications from Skobbler employees

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Aug 26 06:51:38 BST 2011

Jim Brown writes:
 > Sure...  They were passionate prior to that of course.  Look at the evolution of the kyiv map over time.  It's also really telling that so many have left Cloudmade and still are part of the community,  these are individual mappers your are talking about.  People who give a damn about OSM,

I was a mapper before, during, and after my Cloudmade days.

 > They just started talking and asking about getting into OSMF, which they needed help doing as you probably recall I think.  It used to be much harder to join.  So we decided to help, and so they joined.

You need to stir your whitewash, Jim. It's a little thin. I can't
speak for anybody in England or Kyiv, but the community ambassadors
were instructed to join the OSMF, and the cost was expensable. It was
a great idea, but it came down from corporate, not up from the ranks.

 > I'm doubly surprised that you still think that was some evil plan.  Nothing particularly evil came from it as I recall.

Agreed, nothing evil came of it.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog