[OSM-talk] OSMF elections

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 15:20:43 BST 2011

2011/8/26 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
> As for the obligations of board members, while they are generally not
> allowed to act in a way which harms the organization of which they are
> a board member, and are not allowed to *use, for personal purposes,
> confidential information* which they obtained via their status as a
> board member

happy to see that we agree to this. This was actually about board
members paying membership fees to others as "private individuals", not
about them drinking a beer in the pub or driving to SOTM.

> Furthermore, *even if they were* obligated to act in the best
> interests of the board in everything they do, that *still* would not
> imply that they aren't allowed to sponsor the membership applications
> of selected individuals, i.e. give them money with which to apply for
> membership.

I think this really depends on the case. If a board member paid as a
private individual membership fees for lots people, and those people
voted then in his sense in OSMF votings this would clearly be a breach
(at least of good faith).

cheers,
Martin