[OSM-talk] Extract a polygon into a polygon filter file format

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Fri Aug 26 15:59:05 BST 2011

* Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> [2011-08-26 15:33 +0200]:
> I think it is only logical to group all ways making up the border
> with country A in one relation, and those making up the border with
> country B in another, and so on.

Why is this so logical?  The exact same data can be derived from the
intersection of the sets of elements in the two countries' (single-level)
border relations.  It seems to me that because both shcmes can satisfy the
use case, the preferable approace would be the simpler one, which I see as
being the single-relation approach.

--- --
			      Serious error.
		     All shortcuts have disappeared,