[OSM-talk] OSMF elections

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:04:38 BST 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2011/8/26 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
> >> As for the obligations of board members, while they are generally not
> >> allowed to act in a way which harms the organization of which they are
> >> a board member, and are not allowed to *use, for personal purposes,
> >> confidential information* which they obtained via their status as a
> >> board member
> >
> > happy to see that we agree to this. This was actually about board
> > members paying membership fees to others as "private individuals", not
> > about them drinking a beer in the pub or driving to SOTM.
>
> I assume you mean paying membership fees *for* others.
>
> I see that as quite analogous to driving others to SOTM.  Maybe paying
> for someone else's bus ticket to get to SOTM would be more analogous?

I am able to pay for my membership, but I normally dont spend money on
membership because I spend so much time on things. I am willing to serve on
the board if we find a way to pay for my membership, and if we are in that
mood, we can also ask for membership for my kosovo team, if someone wants to
donate some money.

Anyway, maybe what we need is some push for a "communal" seat that has one
vote and represents all of the people who are contributors. that would be my
suggestion.

mike

--
James Michael DuPont