[OSM-talk] OSmosa.net run now.., contribution model

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Wed Dec 7 07:38:26 GMT 2011

Hi Erik, HOT has been teaching OSM all over Indonesia for the past 6
months.  I can say that the uploads aren't that slow, since people are
usually mapping in a small area.  Loading of the OSM website though is
often very slow, which in a class of new people sometimes makes it
difficult just to get them accounts.

Frans, there have been other projects working with highschool students
to map in OSM.  The problems and mistakes made can be cleaned up by
the community and there are tools that the teacher could use to
monitor who is doing what.  Since there is a user account associated
with each student you could even associate their edits with a grade if
you wanted to.

Best,

-Kate