[OSM-talk] Moderating / Quality checking OSM contributions -- was: Re: OSmosa.net run now.., contribution model

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Thu Dec 8 00:31:29 GMT 2011

So in my experience in Indonesia we have translated the presets
literally.  As you would with a translation I suppose=).

The question the repeatedly comes up in the training though is "is
this the equivalent of X road-type in Indonesia."  It seems like
people have an okay idea of how the types map over here.  So maybe
this doesn't work in all countries, but this is a question we've
gotten multiple times from multiple groups.

I agree having to figure out who is paying for which road is a silly
way to classify.  But if the road classification matches to the actual
utility of the road why not use it.

-Kate