[OSM-talk] Moderating / Quality checking OSM contributions -- was: Re: OSmosa.net run now.., contribution model

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:57:51 GMT 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:

> I agree with you when a large amount of new people start the quality
> can go down.  My theory is there needs to be a certain ratio of senior
> mappers to new people to keep the quality high.  However I think as
> people learn how to fix their mistakes the quality will go up again
> and they will in turn be able to help new people avoid those mistakes.

Might this imply that when introducing (possibly large) groups to
mapping, it would be good practice to introduce a smaller group of
them first (perhaps a week or two before the main group), so that not
all of the group are beginners at the same time, but have some more
people (other than the instructors) to help them a bit?

__John