[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] License Change View on OSM Inspector

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Dec 13 19:30:27 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 12/13/2011 08:02 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> Presumably nothing will happen, since there is no easy way of
> identifying these. So this is an easy loophole - if you see any red
> nodes that represent points of interest, replace them with building
> polygons and copy the tags.

Anyone who is caught doing that will be told to stop,

> (In fact I just did this the other day
> (though I have no idea if the node was red) before realizing this might
> cause problems, and I will continue to do it after thinking about it and
> realizing that it's been common practice for quite some time.)

Anyone who is caught doing that *against better knowledge* will quite
possibly get his account blocked and/or cause a wholesale revert of his
recent edits.

I have absolutely zero patience with people trying to subvert the
license change process, and especially those who deliberately
misconstrue the intent of the process in the way you seem to be proud of
doing. I will personally block your account if I should become aware of
any edits of the kind you're sketching above.

Bye
Frederik